IT Support Engineer
The IT Support Engineer will operate at a 1st/2nd line level (possibly with occasional 3rd line assisted support) to provide effective IT assistance for the provision of support services, software, training and administration across all aspects of the business. They will provide support and assistance directly to the IT management as well as to colleagues and clients. The position involves primarily working in IT service delivery and will be generally based at our head office in Wrocław. However, some visits to other sites may also be required where necessary.
From a technical perspective, the role will be responsible for maintaining and supporting hardware, software and infrastructure within, or on behalf of the business. Therefore adequate technical skills are required around supporting others with specific software, desktop support, networking infrastructure plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. Often there will be the opportunity to work on new IT projects as directed by IT management.
The IT department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and infrastructure, as well as providing efficient IT support to all business users. The department will resolve any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to configure email accounts, system/fault diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended across the business.
3 REPORTING LINE
This role reports directly to the IT management.
4 DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
– 1st/2nd line technical support for internal and external customers, IT services and infrastructure under the supervision of the IT Support Team Leader
– resolving incidents, queries and diagnosing faults or problems within a timely manner
– respond to user queries and ensure responses by the team are timely and accurate (in accordance with SLA targets) via phone, help desk and remote sessions
– provide notice of service affecting issues and relevant reasons why service levels may not be attainable
– taking ownership and responsibility for individual Help Desk ticket resolutions
– assist the IT management whenever required
– escalation of irresolvable or critical issues appropriately and with urgency
– work independently as necessary on client sites
– train new personnel and clients (both on and off site) in the use of our software and systems
– assist and train peers where applicable
– advocate and advise use, through training, of new systems or processes
– update and maintain system help manuals and documentation
– assist with company administration when needed
– maintaining company inventory/asset database of all IT hardware and software
– creating and maintaining documentation including FAQs and knowledgebase articles
– write or update reports detailing system amendments or configurations
5 PERSON SPECIFICATION
5.1 PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
– good verbal and written English skills are required
– excellent communication skills, for example personable and approachable personality
– proven technical knowledge and understanding of IT technologies
– excellent problem solving ability and diagnostic skills
– ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– good organisation, task prioritisation and time management skills
– understands the importance of maintaining high standards
– be proactive and a ‘self-starter’ who demonstrates a willingness to help in any areas that require their attention
– be a good ‘team player’ and be able to adapt to varying situations
– 2+ years of working to provide 2nd line IT support or working in a help desk environment
– maintenance and administration of Windows and Windows Server via Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, etc.
– relevant networking knowledge and experience of TCP/IP, routers, switches, VPNs, wireless APs
– working knowledge of OS installations and imaging solutions including initial setup and configuration
– working knowledge of OS installation with initial setup and configuration
– good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
– backup management and NAS configuration/maintenance
– knowledge of SIP and VOIP technologies
– experience with MDM solutions
6 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
– adhering to company protocol as laid out in the Company Handbook
– additional responsibilities as requested by the IT management
Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence:
– performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
– performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT management
– working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
– providing assistance as required to the IT management
– providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT related matters
– ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions be required to undertake additional, or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the company.
Osoby zainteresowane ofertą prosimy o przesłanie CV z dopiskiem:
“Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z Ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych; tekst jednolity: Dz. U. z 2002r. Nr 101, poz. 926 ze zm.)”.
Dziękujemy za wszystkie aplikacje i informujemy, że skontaktujemy się z wybranymi kandydatami.